Juicy obscene sex photos,
hot computer games,
cool software downloads and
detonator blueprints for the kiddies?
- Everyone knows the Net exists solely to put explosives information and smut into the hands of minors (careful that irony doesn't get on you - it's dripping...).
- If any government thinks they can cork the collective inventiveness of hormone-supercharged teenagers of the world who go looking for arbitrarily-restricted material, then more power to them.
- Trying to harness that pent-up youthful energy is akin to channeling the explosion of an atomic bomb, or attempting to achieve cold fusion.
- On the other hand, if something goes awry, it gives new meaning to the word "meltdown". In this context, one-handed netsurfing is not uncommon...
- SafeSurf claims they rate sites for our children's protection, but you get a small clue about their aspirations when you notice that their logo prominently features the letters "SS". No joke - have a look for yourself.
- Alternatively, I prefer the satirical approach of a site which warns, "Hey there, little wanker!! Remember what the nice Wanker Nanny always says: You can't look at this picture, you horrible, disgusting Child of Satan!!"
From a balanced point of view,
this really is a minor problem.